How to Save Money On Medical Care
Dr. Loraine Day, M.D. Breast Cancer Survivor
As you know, the central theme at Four Flags Journal is to increase our independence, diversify our risks and lower our vulnerability in areas that we cannot control, or, at times, even influence.
One of the pillars of FFJ is reducing and even eliminating dependence on the medical industry. We know that some of you are perfectly happy taking prescriptions and living whatever lifestyle you like. We are glad that you are with us and we will try not to overburden you with information that doesn’t interest you.
But for those who really would like to be free and independent, free from pain, and from contributing your income to the medical-industrial complex, we may have good news for you. It involves changes on your part, but it won’t even break the bank. All that it costs is money for food and you have to eat anyway. A good juicer will help a lot as well. That is one of a few conveniences that are nice for this lifestyle, but not essential.
We’ve been delighted by the number of inquiries we’ve had as to what we did to recover from cancer. This post is to respond in part to all of you. We have explained to everyone that, to avoid the time it would take to educate everyone individually, we’re going to write something explaining it in detail. For most adults, knowing why they need to do a certain thing helps us to be successful. So eventually we’re going to offer information to help you to get a grip on how this works. Once it makes complete sense, it will be easier to do.
But for now, we decided to do a bare bones list of the points in the program. Even if you only do a few things, you will notice a change in how you feel, and probably be inspired to do more. First I will encourage you with this information.
An estimated 97% of the cells in your body right now will be replaced by new ones in less than a year. Just think about that. Can you imagine being brand new a year from now? But the quality of those replacement cells depends on what you feed your body while the rebuilding is going on. You can’t build a solid brick house out of straw bales. Nor can you build a new healthy body on sugar, chemicals, preservatives, artificial colors and flavors, MSG, white flour, refined, cooked and processed foods.
This analogy might bring the concept into focus. If you bought a fine car for . . . say . . . $100,000, and the manufacturer instructions told you what kind of gasoline to use, would you try to run it on diesel? What about Gatorade? Diet coke? Well your body is a much higher precision vehicle and it only makes sense to use the fuel that the Maker’s instructions say to use. Genesis 1:29. And just think. We doubt seriously that there was a stove in the garden. If you choose to add meat, at least try to get meat that was not pumped with hormones and antibiotics. Our daughter lives in a metropolis but she found an Amish farmer who grazes his cattle only. No feed lot. No hormones. When he butchers, she buys part of the beef.
So there are ways to do things if we become a little creative.
We aim to return as closely as we can to the Maker’s plan. We learned from experience that it works. For new subscribers who perhaps have not read our story. This writer recovered from long-standing basil cell carcinoma and an abdominal tumor. You can read part of that story here and here. You can also read Bob and Pat’s Bruha’s account of complete recovery from rheumatoid arthritis after doctors gave up. Once you get your immune system healthy again, your immune system was designed to heal just about anything. If the doctor has told you that you will have to live with a certain malady for the rest of your life, don’t despair. Many of us have proved otherwise.
Here is our bare bones list. Remember this list is a program to deal with cancer. We assume you are not dealing with cancer and so some of the extremes, like drinking three quarts of fresh juice a day, would not be necessary. Three glasses would be just fine. Other than that, the program applies to all, not just cancer.
We hope that you will start changing today. Don’t wait until you are sick. I can tell you that once you are really sick, you can still get well but it’s a lot different then. It’s like pulling yourself out of a ditch. It takes an all out effort, every day. This writer made that all-out effort for three years!
But if you begin to change now, the chances are slim to zero of having to ever face the crisis that I did. As you read this, do remember this program was for the ultimate challenge. We don’t do all this juicing now, for example–but if we caught so much as a cold we would take that as a sign our immune system is compromised and take steps to fix it. As it is, we don’t catch anything. And that’s a good sign. We will explain the reason for this later. But we have found it possible to be in such a state of health that you can be around many people who are very sick without becoming sick yourself. In fact, that is as it should be for a truly healthy person. And health IS a choice. We choose it through our lifestyle.
Okay, here is your starter list:
- Diet of fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts, all raw except for half of one meal. For example, fruit or even a green smoothie for breakfast, large salad for lunch, and for supper eat all the salad we can hold and then a baked potato, brown rice, or steamed vegetable. Notice no animal protein on this program. An organic garden in your back yard is a great idea and VERY rewarding. It can contribute to another of FFJ pillars, that of establishing a better financial base as well.Use organic products if possible. This is important. You end up eating the residues of sprays and other things otherwise. However, I didn’t have organics. I got well on produce from Publix and they were not carrying organics at that time. But organic is preferred, if you can get it. In the States organic is very expensive. If it’s out of your budget–for real–don’t be discouraged. I couldn’t get organics either.
- Two quarts of carrot/apple/garlic juice and one quart of green vegetable juice, freshly made (here’s where the juicer comes in)
- Sunshine every day possible (when it shines) over 1/3 of your body. Vitamin D taken orally is not as effective or dependable as sunshine. This is a big factor in cancer and something you shouldn’t skip–actually it’s important even for a healthy person
- Exercise outside in fresh air. Walking for 1/2 hour to an hour is good. However, when I started I could barely walk a half block, I was so sick, so do what you can. And if a person is REALLY sick, don’t push exercise since it uses up energy. But try to do a little. I started with half a block every day. That was just all I could do. But I was soon walking three miles.
- At least 10 glasses pure water if possible. Not out of plastics. You don’t need Bis-phenol A and that’s what you get with plastics. However, I now question if I needed that much water when I was drinking 12 glasses of juice. But I was determined to get well and we need at least 10 glasses of water–maybe more. These days I try to drink a gallon of pure water every day. Not saying I always succeed but that’s the goal.
- Sleep. Try to be asleep by 10 P.M. Our circadian rhythm is that our body repairs more or less between 10:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m. The reason for this is thought to be that we were expected to go to bed shortly after it was dark and get up with daylight.
- Relieve stress. If you are sick, don’t even watch the news on TV, it’s all bad. Dramas usually involve some tension so avoid it all. I found that prayer got rid of the stress. As my faith built the worry left.
- Forgive everyone that ever hurt you. Carrying grudges and hurts suppresses the immune system. This one can be tough I know. Prayer might help with this one also. Forgiving people who have hurt us can take some effort.
- Practice an attitude of gratitude–thankful for the good things, no matter how small. Even keeping a journal and writing down every day what you are thankful for is a great exercise.
- Reach out to others in whatever way you can. Speak words of praise and/or encouragement, pray for them if they have problems. Focus on others.
For those who asked, this will give you an overview with which to begin. There is a lot behind each of these points that we’ll try to reveal to those who are interested a little later and separate from the newsletter, since we know many subscribers are really not interested. If you are at a loss as to what you can eat raw, there are many raw food recipe sites on the Internet. There are plenty of free recipes out there. One site I like is Fall-In-Love-With-Food-Again/.
We hope this will make a difference for some of you. Here at FFJ we love to hear from people who make changes in their lives and regain their health. We hope you will share your stories with us.
The above information is solely for your information and educational purposes and you should consult with your health care professional before making any changes that could affect your health.
Note: We have attempted to set the comments setting on the web site now so that once you are approved for one comment, your future comment is no longer held for approval. Some of you will remember we made comments subject to approval the day we had 300 spam comments. We seem to have that under control now. If you do have comments about this article, we like for you to use the comments section rather than email because your comment might help someone else and that’s what we’re about. That applies even if it’s a question. If you have a question others probably do as well. It is okay to email, however. We still answer all emails. Many thanks.
Until next time . . .
Very interesting, Arlean. Thanks for sharing. I was contemplating buying a juicer but it just didn’t make sense to me to throw away all that pulp and fiber so i bought a refurbished vitamix at a reasonable cost. My hubby has a disintegrating back, i guess it is osteo arthritis . He has a bar in his neck because that area was the worse. He has a lot of pain. I have been doing some research but just not sure what to do. Don’t know if discs can ever regrow but want to help alleviate the pain. Any ideas?
Lori when I wrote about everything healing I was not stretching it. We are so conditioned to think things can’t be healed that we’re almost helpless. I don’t write in my testimony of healing all the things I had that cleared up because I fear that if I did people would not believe me and if they think I’m stretching it it might keep them trying it. After all I was past 60 at the time. Osteoarthritis that was diagnosed 30 years earlier, had a huge bony knot on my right wrist (as osteoarthritis does) and a right wrist that was almost useless, plus problems with my ankle joint and pain in my spine for a while after I got out of bed in the morning, three herneated disks in my neck from a car accident. They were in the MRI and they sent me to back school to try to learn how to deal with it and avoid more pain. I had no idea there was a way to get well from that.
Today it’s all gone. I hope we are giving you hope. God created us with an immune system designed to HEAL us. Did you read the story of Bob Bruha with his rheumatoid arthritis that the doctors couldn’t help? Rheumatoid is pretty serious. No one believes it can be cured. Except those of us who know it can. The story is on FFJ if you didn’t see it.
Yes, get a juicer. The water is extremely important for spine problems, avoid sugar like it is poison–because it is. This is usually the hardest because we are told sugar is more addictive than cocain. I was able to get it out and so can you guys if you want. And you’ll be doing your kids a big favor because they’ll be able to build real health. Also white flour the same. Processed foods the same. Go back to what God created for us as much in the form He created it as you can. You probably can’t change all at once so don’t be discouraged, just do what you can and keep improving. Your husband has pain because his body has not been getting the nutrition it needed to rebuild. We are constantly rebuilding, just as I wrote. Most of our cells won’t be around a year from now. If he is eating things that cause inflammation (sugar and white flour being major causes) he will not get well. He can’t because he’ll be constantly inflamed. I don’t want to overwhelm you because any changes you make will help. But I want you to know that there is hope for his complete health. If you didn’t read Pat Bruha’s story, it might encourage you if you do. And you do need a juicer and he needs lots of juice. The thing is, if you hear Dr. Day she will say she juiced 30 pounds of carrots a week. And that wasn’t all. And so did I. Think of trying to get that extra nutrition by eating 30 pounds of carrots. See what I mean? You could never get that nutrition if y ou ate the fiber too. The fiber can go into your garden as compost. When you juice, you flood the body with nutrients that it has not been getting enough of for a long time. Probably he needs green juice more than carrot but he needs carrot too. I drank 2 quarts of carrot juice and a quart of green juice every single day to get well. Plus I drank the water. Carrot juice is especially effective with cancer. But that, with a quart of green juice, it cured my herneated discs that the doctor certainly had no remedy for, it cured my long standing arthritis and I don’t hurt anywhere any more. I have zero pain and my bony lump on my wrist gradually went away. I say gradually but I think in four months it was gone. Also I didn’t mention I had asthma from age 3. I no longer have asthma. And I’d been in the hospital emergency room for it before because I literally could not breathe. They gave me oxygen. I’ve had the doctor come to the house in the middle of the night with oxygen. No matter what you have you have given it to yourself. We don’t mean to, we just didn’t know. People say but my mother had this or that. Yes, that may well be the weak link where the symptoms will hit first, but my family had asthma back to my great grandmother that I know about. No surprise I had my first attack at age 3. But it’s been years now.
Lori, God’s plan for us to be in health was good only we haven’t followed it. I meant what I wrote in the newsletter. Every word is true. We can’t build a brick house with hay bales. We need real brick. Same with our nutrition. But we need water and exercise and sunshine (Vitamin D) and sleep at the right time of night (stay up till 1 every night we’re cheating our body of repair time.) See what I mean? If you try it I think that in four months you’ll be really surprised. I say four months because that was about when I started really noticing the changes. The skin cancer lesion on my face fell off without surgery in 4 months and 2 weeks. What a day that was! I really hope this helps you guys. That’s what it’s all about.